Midreshet Rachel Admissions
- Open to both single and married women.
- Open to adult students of all ages, though the median age each year is generally in the mid-to-late 20′s.
- With few exceptions, candidates have an academic or professional degree, or the equivalent life experience.
- Basic commitment to traditional Jewish observance is a prerequisite.
- The ability to read (although not necessarily understand) Hebrew is a prerequisite.
In order to process your application we need the following:
- Your completely filled in application form, including the essay. Do one of the following:
- submit the Online Application Form (precise instructions appear on the page); or
- download the Application Form as a Word Document , fill it out and send it in as an email attachment: or
- print out the Word document or PDF file or get one from the Midreshet Rachel v’Chaya office, fill it out and fax it to us at US fax 516-706-1466 or Israel fax 972-2-651-9183; or
- mail it to: Midreshet Rachel v’Chaya College of Jewish Studies for Women
PO Box 3151; Jerusalem 96343
- Two letters of recommendation- one letter should come from a rabbi or rebbetzin (only one required for the summer program). Please ask those who write letters of recommendation to include:
- the name and address of the organization they represent; and
- a phone number for any follow-up questions
- Two photographs
- Interview with a staff member (arranged through the Midreshet Rachel v’Chaya Office)
Once you have applied:
- The turn around time for getting you a reply is usually 48 hours, but on occasion it can be as much as a week.
- The majority of applicants are accepted. However we sometimes get a sense that an applicant is better suited for an alternative program. We also have space limitations which prevent us from accepting all qualified applicants.
- Consequently, while there is no deadline for applications, there is a definite advantage to applying early.
- An accepted student is given two weeks to pay a $250 non-refundable registration fee by check or credit card, which holds their place in the program.
- The next tuition payment is only due three days after the Zman begins, to give the new student a chance to confirm that he chose the right program.
- Please stay in contact with the Midreshet Rachel v’Chaya Office to check on the status of your application and for any questions that come up; they will be happy to help out in any way possible.