- Open to both single and married men.
- Open to adult students of all ages, though the median age each year is generally in the mid-to-late 20′s.
- With few exceptions, candidates have an academic or professional degree, or the equivalent life experience.
- Basic commitment to traditional Jewish observance is a prerequisite.
- The ability to read (although not necessarily understand) Hebrew is a prerequisite.
In order to process your application we need the following:
- Your completely filled in application form, including the essay. Either:
- Two letters of recommendation (only one required for the summer program). Please ask those who write letters of recommendation to include:
- The name of the organization they represent
- A phone number for any follow-up questions
Once you have applied:
- The turn around time for getting you a reply is usually 48 hours, but on occasion it can be as much as a week.
- A majority of applicants are accepted. However we sometimes get a sense that an applicant is better suited for an alternative program. We also have space limitations which prevent us from accepting all qualified applicants.
- Consequently, while there is no deadline for applications, there is a definite advantage to applying early.
- An accepted student is given two weeks to pay a $400 non-refundable registration fee by check or credit card, which holds their place in the program.
- The next tuition payment is only due three days after the Zman begins, to give the new student a chance to confirm that he chose the right program.
- Please stay in contact with the Darche Noam Office to check on the status of your application and for any questions that come up; they will be happy to help out in any way possible.